Speech Party Blogging Fun
- Why did you start blogging?
I share communication success stories based on real speech-language experiences with kids. The communication tips I share give parents and educators a motivation boost as they learn how fun, easy & rewarding speech-language practice is to do with kids.
- What is your work experience?
I'm a Canadian speech-language pathologist who has worked with over 1000 kids during the past 20 years. I am the founder of www.myspeechparty.com, where I help kids with fun, online speech-language practice. Through Speech Party, I provide support and educational help for parents and other adults who practice speech with kids. My original passion is co-owning a private practice. It’s a Calgary resource for comprehensive and personalized SLP sessions.
- What is your favorite social media outlet?
I love connecting with others, learning loads of fabulous ideas and sharing on Facebook! I’ve even gotten to know many people just through making Facebook connections.
- What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?
When I’m not hanging out with my family or friends, I love learning and creating – theme bins filled with speech-language activities, coloring activities, stories and crazy fun speech videos. My passion is helping kids with their speech-language skills through creative therapy activities and home-practice ideas.
- How many hours per week do you dedicate to TpT? To your blog?
I spend about an hour a week on my blog. I have not spent enough time on my TpT site as I’ve initially focused on building connections and learning from other fabulous SLP’s and teachers who use this site.
- What age range is your favorite to work with?
I really enjoy working with 4 to 7 year old kids. Kids in this age range are incredibly energizing, fun and motivating to work with.
- Who are your favorite SLP bloggers to follow?
I really enjoy following new bloggers such as Jennifer’s Speech Therapy Fun and Kirstin’s Beautiful Speech blogs. I’m always inspired when SLP’s are communicating about speech-language & communication topics to enlighten & educate their community of readers.
- What post have you written that you are most proud of?
The post that was the hardest to write is also my favorite – featuring “My Why Story”, titled… “The story of my Dream to Become a Compassionate Speech Practice Coach and Cheerleader”
- Is there any post that you have been planning to do but keep postponing?
I really enjoy choosing topics that are inspired by listening to adults discuss their speech-language practice “struggles” as well as children’s communication needs.
- What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
I really enjoy sharing my “small voice” with my devoted community of people who read & share their valuable feedback.
- What are 11 facts about me?
- My spouse deserves a medal for his devoted support of my SLP businesses and myself
- I love adorable animals as much as I love kids
- I enjoy “fair weather” running and taking yoga classes
- My spouse and I spent years taking social dance lessons together. – He is a far better dancer than I.
- I run a home office where kids and their parents come to my home for speech-language therapy sessions.
- I’m addicted to reading and learning.
- I live in Calgary, Alberta – where like-minded people thrive on energy.
- My favorite place to travel to is Hawaii, especially the quiet island of Kauai.
- I miss my frequent to the mountains.
- I’m inspired by others who are also creating businesses that shall improve the world.
- My other dream is that one day all kids and parents or caregivers shall spend 10 minutes everyday communicating and listening together with minimal distractors distractions.
I now nominate Kristin, from http://www.beautifulspeech.blogspot.com for the Liebster Award. Check out her blog to see her answers!