Want fun ways to encourage your child to take talking turns and work on improving their speech-language skills? Here’s how to combine humour and rhyming fun with a popular toy loved by kids’, “Elf on the Shelf”.
Add humor while making up funny rhymes using the "Elf on the Shelf" toy, like these...
- Where could he be? -Count to 3 and look in a tree.
- I see a lump, I feel a bump... He's under a hat with a cat.
- Look over there... Under a chair, with a bear.
- Don't beep or make a peep as Elf is fast asleep.
- I think Elf needs a drink from the sink.
- Elf is all by himself up on a shelf.
Expand your fun by having your child describe what’s funny about each location for Elf.
Also, add a sound object or picture that your child can name with Elf, i.e. /k/ sounds for candy cane or /s/ sound for santa.
Let me know what speech sounds and topics you’d like to see featured in future videos by entering your ideas in the comments section below.